Senior National Account Manager, off-trade
From our beginnings in 1997, Liberty Wines has strived to become one of the most dynamic wine companies in the UK, supplying a wide range of premium wines to all sectors of the trade including restaurants, independent wine merchants, specialists, and multiple retailers. We continue to flourish in a challenging market and this growth has been driven by our enduring focus on the quality of our wine offering, the service we provide to our customers, and our people.
National Accounts continues to perform strongly, and we are looking to expand and strengthen the team with a Senior National Account Manager with responsibilities across key off-trade accounts with existing relationships with Liberty Wines.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Director of National Accounts to implement the off-trade team strategy
- Provide outstanding service to your customers on all levels
- Ownership of P&L to deliver against revenue and margin targets
- Work cross-functionally with key internal departments; Buying & Technical, Brand Management, Supply Planning, and Finance to ensure all projects are delivered to the highest standard
- Work closely with producers, liaising directly to negotiate pricing and volumes, managing own-label and new product development
- Manage tender & JBP processes
You have strong wine knowledge with an entrepreneurial attitude to sales, and proven experience of working with grocery / multiple retail customers.
As an effective Senior NAM, you will make your customers’ lives easier by knowing your products and their range inside out. You will be a process driven individual with high level of numeracy who will track sales, reserves, and new launches to make sure we land the right product at the right time. You will also be able to apply consumer wine insights and trends to maximise sales opportunities.
Working in a team environment with a positive and collaborative approach to challenges is essential to developing existing and new business. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to share knowledge and have the experience / desire to manage and develop a team.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience in grocery / multiple retailer facing National Account Management
- Strong wine knowledge and empathy (e.g. WSET Diploma)
- High level of negotiation and relationship management skills
- An understanding of own label / private label launch processes and managing a critical path to launch NPD
- Experience and ambition to manage direct reports
- Experience of using customer portals to maintain product data
- Able to travel independently in the UK and abroad, with a UK driving licence and the ability to drive overseas.
- Languages such as French, Italian and Spanish is a plus but not essential.
What you can expect
Salary/package plus sales commission will be commensurate with experience as well as:
- 25 days holiday excluding public holidays increasing after 2 years service
- Option to buy holidays
- Personal bonus of up to 5% of salary, based on performance against key objectives
- Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of contributions
- 18 weeks enhanced maternity leave and 4 weeks paternity leave.
- Cycle to work scheme & Season ticket loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Travel insurance
- Employee wine discount
This is a permanent role and will be based out of our London office in Clapham, requiring regular travel abroad. We offer hybrid working policy to enable flexibility.
Liberty Wines is Investors in people accredited and an award-winning company which offers excellent opportunities for training and development alongside a great working environment (and an even better coffee machine).
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is December 15th.