Cantina Diomede

Puglia, puglia Italy

Cantina Diomede, which controls 200 hectares of vineyard, is based in northern Puglia, close to the town of Canosa. Massimo di Bari and Luca Pugliese – the oenologists of Cantina Diomede – work hard to obtain high quality, healthy grapes. Most operations are carried out manually, and the management of the vineyard follows an organic approach. The 'Lama di Pietra', made solely from Nero di Troia, has red fruit aromatics and is full bodied yet perfectly balanced on the palate.

The word 'Canace' combines the first syllable of Canosa di Puglia, where Cantina Diomede is based, and Acerenza in Basilicata. This name reflects that 85% of the blend is Nero di Troia from Canosa and the remaining 15% is Aglianico from Acerenza. The wine is vinified in concrete tanks, where it is kept for about eight months, followed by 12 months in large French oak barrels. The Aglianico adds acidity and complexity to the Nero di Troia, with the resulting wine being rich and full bodied with silky tannins and a spicy finish.

 

  • "2Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

 

Wines

Cookies

We use cookies to help us improve your experience on our website and to store your preferences. You can disable or delete cookies via your browser settings.
For more information on how we use cookies, please refer to our privacy policy.