Orben

Rioja, rioja Spain

Orben is an exciting estate in Rioja Alavesa, established with the aim of producing a single estate Rioja that rivals the best of the region. The Anton family of Izadi owns 75% of the property, with the remaining 25% being split between 50 of Spain’s top restaurateurs, all friends of the family who share a common passion for fine food and wine.

The 29 hectares of vineyard lie at the foot of the Sierra Cantabria mountain range in Laguardia (abutting those of Izadi) and are divided into 74 parcels of bush vines, each with their own peculiar microclimate. The vineyards were planted between 1945 and 1954, with the resulting low yields giving great concentration and depth to the wine. The limestone and clay soils impart excellent minerality, while the altitude of the estate (around 450 metres above sea level) and the mitigating influence of the Atlantic ocean bring freshness to the intense, berried fruit.

The winemaking team, with Ruth Rodriguez at the head, ensures that the Rioja is distinctively modern in style, with the fruit leading the way and light toasted notes (from 12 months ageing in French oak) being revealed on the slightly smoky finish. It is a wine of great structure, poise, balance and length.

 

  • "2Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

 

Wines

Cookies

We use cookies to help us improve your experience on our website and to store your preferences. You can disable or delete cookies via your browser settings.
For more information on how we use cookies, please refer to our privacy policy.