Trophy success at the International Wine Challenge
The International Wine Challenge (IWC) has named its 2019 Trophy winners and we're delighted that 15 of our wines have scooped 22 trophies between them. A further 16 wines from our portfolio have been awarded Gold medals.
Champagnes, fortified wines and sweet wines dominate our trophy line-up, with a notable mention for the Papa Figos Tinto from Casa Ferreirinha, which scooped the Portuguese Red Trophy – an excellent achievement for this wine from the pioneering estate in the Douro.
Entries to the IWC are tasted blind by at least 12 judges - all working within the wine trade - throughout the process, and awarded based on faithfulness to style, region and vintage.
Please see below our trophy and gold medal winning wines that are currently available and in stock. For more information on the International Wine Challenge, please visit the competition website.
- Casa Ferreirinha Papa Figos Red 2017 - Portuguese Red Trophy
- Charles Heidsieck Blanc de Blancs NV - Non Vintage Blanc de Blancs Champagne Trophy
- Piper-Heidsieck Essentiel Cuvée Réservée NV - Non Vintage Classic Blend Champagne Trophy
- Sandeman 40 Year Old Tawny NV - 40 Year Old Tawny Trophy
- Morris of Rutherglen Old Premium Rare Liqueur Muscat NV - Australian Fortified Trophy; Rutherglen Muscat Trophy; Rutherglen Trophy
- Morris of Rutherglen Classic Topaque Liqueur NV - Rutherglen Topaque Trophy
- Tenuta di Capezzana Vin Santo Riserva 2011 - Italian Sweet Trophy
- Justino's Madeira Terrantez 1978 - Madeira Trophy
- Valdespino Solera 1842' Rich Oloroso VOS 20 Y.O. NV - Medium Sherry Trophy
- Valdespino Oloroso Don Gonzalo VOS 20 Y.O. NV - Sherry Trophy; Oloroso Trophy
Gold Medal Winners
- Piper-Heidsieck Essentiel Blanc de Blancs NV
- Charles Heidsieck Brut Millésimé 2006
- Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve NV
- Charles Heidsieck Rosé Réserve NV
- Devaux Ultra D Extra Brut NV
- Akarua Pinot Noir 2017 (new vintage, available on request)
- Trinity Hill Gimblett Gravels Chardonnay 2016
- Trinity Hill Gimblett Gravels Syrah 2016
- Sandeman Tawny 20 Years Old NV
- Sandeman Vintage Port 2016
- Valdespino Fino Inocente NV
- Nyetimber Blanc de Blancs 2010
- Nyetimber Classic Cuvee Multi-Vintage NV